- You’re always having an argument with autocorrect or spell-check!
- You’d rather watch all those “likes” ticking up on your Facebook page than write up the promotional material for your Spring special offer.
- You get confused between “your” and “you’re”, “there” and “their” all the time.
- You hated grammar and language at school, and nothing has changed!
- Your last advertising flyer was a flop because it had spelling errors that knocked your credibility.
- You’re envious of the wording on your competitors’ websites.
- Your blog entries all seem to be written by a different “you”, every time!
- You feel that what you write is stale, but you don’t really know how to fix it.
- Your business could do with an objective eye, particularly when dealing with trends and new technology.
- You. Just. Don’t. Want. To. Do. This. Writing. Lark!
- There are times when even the strictest grammarians will be stumped by the spelling or use of a word. The key is to know when a word is right, or when it might be an alternate spelling, as would happen if the program or app is using American spelling.
- It can be quite a kick seeing “likes” and “shares” happen on your business page, but sometimes you just don’t have the time after a busy day to sit down and transfer that enthusiasm onto your Facebook page.
- Spell-check and autocorrect don’t always catch grammatical or spelling errors. Sometimes, a word is spelt correctly but it’s being used in the wrong context. If you’re unaware of this, you could end up saying something that you didn’t intend.
- Not everyone excelled in English class, just as not everyone shone at Maths or Accounting. Play to your strengths—you should know them by now.
- Many Internet memes have been born of awful mistakes in adverts or business materials. Consider a professional’s writing to be a form of “credibility insurance“.
- Sometimes, seeing how a business competitor’s page has that extra “spark” can make you feel a bit down. Could it be that they have someone writing for them?
- Setting the tone for your business is very important. A good writer can help you present a certain “voice” in your web content and business presentations.
- There are many times when you write and write and write, and it all seems the same, but you don’t know how to dig yourself out of the rut you’re in.
- You have become too used to the wording on your website or business material, and you’re unaware that a little makeover might just kickstart a new run of customers and clients.
- There are people out there who love writing. Let them do it for you, to the best of their ability!
RELAX! I’ll do your writing for you!